Old November 24th 03, 01:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default LT card validity on suburban rail

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Barry Salter wrote:

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:39:38 +0000, Tom Anderson
wrote:

So, national rail (and so WAGN) will let me use my LT card on the train,
but TfL won't.

This change was, in fact, made back in March, as follows:

Ah! Fantastic!

I asked the station mistress (well, station madam, or something; just the
woman selling tickets, actually) at my train station, and she said it
wasn't valid, but this definitely makes it look like she was wrong.

quote

May i ask where the quote is from?

LT Tickets are valid on train operating company services over the
following sections:

Liverpool Street-Seven Sisters/Tottenham Hale/Walthamstow Central

These amendments begin to integrate fares pricing on West Anglia routes
from the Victoria Line south with the London Underground zonal pricing
structure. This simplifies the journey experience for the passenger by
providing a greater level of travel opportunities.

Examples:

An LT Card is valid for a journey between Liverpool Street and
Walthamstow Central on West Anglia services.

A zone U12 underground ticket issued at Oxford Circus is valid on West
Anglia services to Clapton. (Gates at Liverpool Street have been
programmed to allow such a journey opportunity).

It doesn't explicitly mention LT cards and stops between Liverpool Street
and Walthamstow Central; however, i assume from these examples that an LT
card would be valid for going to, say, Clapton, which is what i want to
do.

HTH,

It does, very much. Thanks.

tom