Old June 7th 08, 12:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Blackfriars - SET services after December 2008

On Jun 6, 8:33*pm, Sky Rider wrote:
Rupert Candy wrote:
I presume we (for I am one) are to get the entirely unrefurbished
319/0s, rather than the pink and purple reasonably-well-refurbished
examples.

Knowing how often 319/(0,3)s do Bedford-Brighton and 319/4s Luton/St
Albans-Wimbledon Loop (because of diagramming constraints), you'll
probably ride a non-319/0 every now and again. Or perhaps even
semi-regularly if FCC *plan* to share the 319/(0,3)s between Wimbledon
Loop and 7oaks services, which I don't think is unlikely - but I expect
thy'll try to restrict the former Brighton Express trains (319/2s)
to...er...Brighton services.

FCC will refresh all the 319s but as the C6 exams are carried out at the
same time it will be a few more years before they are all refreshed - to
date well over 20 319/4s have been worked on since September 2006, which
leaves about another 60-odd 319s to do.

Unless I'm mistaken the 319/(0,2)s underwent their C6 exams back in
2006/2007 so they will be refreshed last (possibly alongside the 319/4s
that were merely repainted).

Though the Notworkers are still in 'as built' condition
internally (albeit 'refreshed'), and look pretty dingy and tired
compared to other older (but modernised) stock like 455s.

Some of the 465/2s were [refreshed/refurbished]* and renumbered as
465/9s weren't they? I don't know if any of the other Networkers have
been altered though.

*Delete as appropriate

Most of the 465/2s in fact (30-odd out of 50), but as 465/9s they
still haven't been given working PIS, which one would normally expect
in the circumstances.

The rest of the 465/466s are pretty much untouched apart from some
internal anti-graffiti spraying and the removal of the Eddie Ponds.