Old November 24th 03, 04:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Circle Line reliability

....or lack of. I can get from South Kensington to Luton in an hour
almost exactly, but today it took me about an hour and a half from High
Wycombe to Gloucester Road (a shorter distance). Why? Not because the
Chiltern is that much slower (fast trains from Wycombe to Marylebone
take around 35 minutes, from Luton to KXTL around 30 mins).

I had heavy (wheeled) luggage so I didn't want to go down to the
Bakerloo at Marylebone (down escalator closed), so I went to Edgware
Road for the Circle instead... and waited for about 25 minutes.

I know the Circle has problems with all the flat junctions but don't
they timetable them to account for this?

I was wondering whether the Circle suffers from understaffing, low train
reliability or something else.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7