Old June 10th 08, 07:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Chris Tolley Chris  Tolley is offline

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

Peter Masson wrote:

BR went decimal a day earlier than the national D-day, so for the
price of an Oxford platform ticket (the last time I've ever bought
one) I had in my hand the change for a shilling of a 1p and a 2p coin
a day before most people could get hold of them.

Example coinage was on sale for a couple of years before it could be
spent. A plastic wallet labelled "Britain's First Decimal Coins". Anyone
could get a set.
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9683781.html
(150 138 at Stalybridge, 26 Feb 2001)