Old June 11th 08, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
sweller sweller is offline

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

MIG wrote:

In a way it's a shame that the 5p shrank in 1990 and 10p in 1992
(can't remember when the 50p shrank). Before that you used to get
loads of funny old coins still in circulation after a very long time.

For my tenth birthday I received some pound notes from relatives. This
was the month (February 1978) that the old pre-decimal pound note started
to give way to the new smaller style. Relatives being relatives thought
it was nice to put the new crisp notes in the cards.

I was gutted, the old ones were bigger, didn't my aged Aunts realise
these were worth more!

--
Simon

Brighton