Old June 11th 08, 10:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Tube accessibility question, Russell Square and Gloucester Road

In message , at 16:01:25 on Wed,
11 Jun 2008, grusl remarked:
Could anyone tell me if either the Russell Square or Gloucester Road
stations would present entry/exit problems if I'm carrying a standard
wheeled suitcase of 15kg or so. Hotels are nearby.

Russell Square has lifts to the surface, but in common with many other
deep-tube stations will have a short flight (to get up and over the
running tunnel) of stairs-only at the lower level to reach the lifts.

I don't know Gloucester Road so well, but most stations like that will
have a rather longer set of stairs from the sub-surface [ie District
Line] platform to street level, with the Piccadilly Line access
initially to the subsurface platform level.