Old June 11th 08, 01:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
David Jackson David Jackson is offline

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

The message
from "Peter Masson" contains these words:

I think I've only once seen a crown used as payment in a normal
transaction - around 1955 a boy in the class paid his week's dinner money (5
shillings) using one.

You're one-up on me then. I have several, in plastic cases as
"commemorative issues", but I've never seen one used for its proper
purpose.

--
Dave,
Frodsham