Old June 14th 08, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
No Name

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

"R.C. Payne" wrote in message

But given that 1/- is exactly one twentieth of a pound, and 2/- is exactly
a tenth, it makes sense that the replacement coin for the same value, ie
5p and 10p be essentially the same coin, and by extention, that the old
coins remain in circulation. I certainly enjoyed getting change with a
king's rather than queen's head on it. I never happened upon any older
than about 1950, but still...

I've seen shilling coins dated 1952, bearing George VI's portrait, however.