Old June 14th 08, 08:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
No Name

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

"sweller" wrote in message

The Channel Islands still have one-pound notes in regular circulation,
incidentally. I refer to both Guernsey and Jersey.

So does the Isle of Man - I got a couple in change when I was there for
the TT this year.

Really? I was under the impression that they had been completely replaced
with pound coins, because I never saw or received any in change when I
visited.

What about other dependencies or colonies that have their currency pegged to
the pound sterling?