Old June 15th 08, 04:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008, Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

In article , ()
wrote:

I have noticed lately that there appear to be much less coins 1-
and 2-pound coins, plus 50-pence coins with special reverses in
circulation. Is it becoming a trend for the general public to hoard
these coins?

Since all £1 coin reverses are "special" I'm not sure what you mean
there.

Some are more special than others!

Have a butcher's:

http://www.ukcoinpics.co.uk/dec1p.html

IME, the 1983 etc all-UK reverse is far and away the most common one to
come across. The mid-80s Scottish and Welsh are level-pegging in second
place. The NI flax flower design is rarer, as is the English royal oak.
The 1988 UK is really quite unusual to see. The mid-90s national designs
and the bridges are now also pretty common - about the same as the 80s
Scottish and Welsh, i'd say. I have yet to see one of the new pounds in
the wild .

The 1983 etc UK is sort of a 'standard' design, making all the others
'special', but it's really the rarer ones that i'd consider special enough
to describe as special.

tom

--
That must be one of the best things you can possibly do with a piglet,
booze and a cannon. -- D