Old June 17th 08, 11:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Stephen Allcroft Stephen Allcroft is offline

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

On 14 Jun, 21:08, wrote:
"sweller" wrote in message

... wrote:

The Channel Islands still have one-pound notes in regular circulation,
incidentally. I refer to both Guernsey and Jersey.

So does the Isle of Man - I got a couple in change when I was there for
the TT this year.

Really? I was under the impression that they had been completely replaced
with pound coins, because I never saw or received any in change when I
visited.

What about other dependencies or colonies that have their currency pegged to
the pound sterling?

Neither dependent nor colonised but we in Scotland still have pound
notes (issued by private banks).