Old June 17th 08, 11:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default around Aldgate East

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 21:31:54 +0200, Michèle
wrote:

I intend to go to London.

A bold move!

Could you tell me if there are supermarkets (Asda, Mark ans Spencer..)
not far from Aldgate East,and Commercial Road, and which number bus to
take to go there.

There's a big Sainsbury's at Whitechapel. Take the tube there, or any bus
which runs along Whitechapel Road. It's not in Aldgate or Commercial Road,
but it's not far. I doubt there's a full-size supermarket any closer.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaro...treet-2005.pdf

and I suggest you simply search on the appropriate supermarket website
to see whether there are branches close to Aldgate East.

This is good advice. I suspect from the name that Michele is not english,
and so may not be au fait with which websites need to be looked at. The
major english supermarkets are Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, the
Co-operative, Somerfield, Marks and Spencer, Waitrose, Budgen's and Lidl.

tom

--
Judge Dredd. Found dead. Face down in Snoopy's bed.