Old November 24th 03, 09:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin Colin is offline

Default Route 73 to be converted to Bendi Bus

"Billy" wrote in message
I suspect Bluestars point is the omission from your list of (k).....
A somewhat unhealthy prediliction for the Articulated Bus products of
Mercedes Benz Gmbh coupled with,
(l) A suspicious reluctance to accept that the Marshall Refurbishment
programme resulted in a very cost-effective and efficiently engineered PCV
capable of meeting or exceeding present performance standards WITHOUT
recourse to additional and highly questionable supports (ie: Cashless
Boarding aka Revenue Free Transport).
Maybe others can fill in the remaining slots from (m) to (z)........ : )

I don't see how any sort of refurbishment will ever enable a Routemaster to
comply with disability legislation. Purely because of this they have to go.
No amount of nostalgia can compensate for barring members of society from
the means of getting around.

IMHO the Bendy Buses 'do the business', and if Mercedes are the only
manufacturer then sobeit. Standing at Holborn in the evening wanting to go
to Waterloo I will always make a beeline for the bendibus rather than
queueing for the Double Deckers precisely because they are so easy to board.

Colin