Old June 18th 08, 10:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
No Name

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message

At infant school in 1969-70 our playtime milk break[1] biscuits cost 3d.
We were only allowed to pay for them with a single 3d coin, NOT we were
told in no uncertain terms, in three pennies, as teachers "didn't have
time to count them all"!

Could you imagine today's press angle on that?!

[1] This all seems very archaic now. ;-)
--

Perhaps they thought that it would be easier for the pupils to keep track of
one coin, rather than two or three?