Old June 18th 08, 06:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
No Name

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

"James Farrar" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:48:14 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 14:35:13 on Wed, 18
Jun 2008, remarked:
Is it not possible to take the money to bank, particularly where one
might
have an account, rather than to go through one of those counting
machines?

Last time I did that they almost threw me out. But seeing as there
wasn't a queue they counted it and accepted it and told me not to do it
again. I think they normally require bulk change sorted, bagged and
weighed, which they can then quickly check by re-weighing.

Which is what I do. Because I'm nice like that :-)

They want 100 pennies, 50 tuppences or 100 five pence pieces in a bag.
Not sure above that.

You can get the bags from any high street bank and I've never had a
problem with using the "wrong" bank's bag...

I would imagine that this is what banks expect you to do.