Old June 18th 08, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Whats the minimum Oyster card value to get through a gate?

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:12:48 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Anyone know?

It's the minimum fare at that station - £1 outside Z1 and £1.50 in Z1.

I've been musing on another Oyster scam.

Buy card for 3 quid - put minimum amount on , say 1 quid. Travel to
and from station where you have to touch in/out because there are no
gates. Get back to your station , touch out - card will go into
negative balance - bin it.

I don't understand this example - especially the no gates bit. Is the
word "don't" missing in one of the sentences?

I'm pretty such LU must have thought of this one but I'm wondering if
there are any circumstances you'd end up quids in?

How do you end up quids in when value is deducted on entry to the
system?
--
Paul C