Old November 24th 03, 09:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Route 73 to be converted to Bendi Bus

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:07:51 +0000, Robert Woolley
wrote:

Except mums with pushchairs. And people who can't climb the steps to
the lower saloon. Many of the complaints regarding double deck
low-floor buses related to the early vehicles which had little seating
in the low-floor area.

And tall people like me, who can't stand other than on the platform,
which isn't that safe and generally isn't permitted, and also can't
sit anywhere except the very front seats and the side-facing ones by
the door without taking 2 seats or blocking the gangway.

And people who don't like shoving past huge standing crowds
(downstairs only, OK) to alight. Multiple doors are better - indeed,
on very busy routes, German single-deckers of a fairly normal length
often have 3 sets of doors!

Routemasters are interesting, granted, just like heritage rail stock
is. However, for an effective, comfortable passenger service, give me
a bendy or very recent dual-door decker any day.

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.