Old June 19th 08, 07:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Nice oyster scam

On Jun 19, 8:26*am, James Farrar wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:06:57 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Jun 17, 1:11 pm, Thunderbug wrote:
to reclaim, but I guess it isn't an accident that the loophole remains open.

You bet it isn't. Anyway the whole Oyster system is just a scam to
screw as much money out of people as possible

Ah, Boltar's back.

There is a point in there, but it's not that the Oyster system is a
scam. The Oyster system is a way of getting people to pay without
being conscious of each transaction, which inevitably increases
revenue (not to mention the interest earned when people store credit
in advance).

The scam is the system of penalty fares used to coerce people into
using Pay As You Go, even if the opportunity is not available to them.

Oh sorry, I forgot that it's actually a system for making life more
lovely and convenient for TfL users. I take it all back.