Old June 19th 08, 03:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at
17:40:44 on Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Nobody remarked:
exchanging the US quarters for Green Back paper.

Any bank I approached, refused to accept the large numbers of coins as
I wasn't/we weren't a customer.

15 years ago I was given $100 bills by a clueless Bureau de Change,
and I couldn't find a bank in a large US city that would change
them, even when I enlisted the support of one of their customers!
As a result I now never accept notes larger than $20.

Try the same trick with £50 notes here these days!

--
Colin Rosenstiel