Old June 19th 08, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Hugh Brodie Hugh Brodie is offline

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 17:40:44 on
Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Nobody remarked:
exchanging the US quarters for Green Back paper.

Any bank I approached, refused to accept the large numbers of coins as
I wasn't/we weren't a customer.

15 years ago I was given $100 bills by a clueless Bureau de Change, and I
couldn't find a bank in a large US city that would change them, even when
I enlisted the support of one of their customers! As a result I now never
accept notes larger than $20.

And two out of every three US $100 bills are held outside the US :-)