Old November 24th 03, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default Toilets.

In article , Neil Williams
writes
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:18:42 -0000, "Edward Cowling"
wrote:

The worst loos in London that I've come across are the
public loos at Camden Lock market. Even the flies
complain about the filth :-)

They are free, and generally well-kept, at Marylebone station.

I'd second that.

Other
London terminals mainly charge 20p, but these days they are normally
spotlessly clean with an attendant present. This being the case, I
don't mind paying.

My experience has been that railway stations *used* to charge 20p but
seem to have discontinued the practice now. Maybe I've just been
lucky? In any case, like Neil, I don't mind paying for good facilities.

That said, I don't find Central London's toilet facilities nearly as bad
as they've been portrayed in this thread.

Bank Underground stations are spotless, as are those in the subway at
Westminster and on the Embankment near to Embankment Tube.

The ones in the alleyway alongside the Jubilee Market at Covent Garden
are also okay (and always attended); not perfect, but given the use
they get not bad at all.

(By the way, I don't make a habit of hanging around public toilets,
however much it might look like it from this post! It's just that,
when you're a tourist guide, it's one of those things you *have* to know
about!)
--
Ian Jelf, MITG, Birmingham, UK
Registered "Blue Badge" Tourist Guide for