Old June 20th 08, 04:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

In article , (Peter
Campbell Smith) wrote:

To get slightly back to topic, I don't remember any train fares
costing odd halfpennies (my monthly child season was 4s 11d which
was 1/3 of the adult rate), but I do remember when the Edinburgh
buses (and trams) abolished the last halfpenny fare by putting the
child rate up from 1½d to 2d -- it would be around 1955. I put in
a correspondingly inflation-linked claim for a pocket money
increase.

Crikey! I was paying 1 1/2d child fares in London much later than that,
maybe 1960 even.

--
Colin Rosenstiel