Old June 20th 08, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Andrew Price Andrew Price is offline

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:11:59 +0100, Peter Beale
wrote:

The strange thing about France is that several years after going over to
the Euro, many bills and credit card slips still have the amount in
francs as well as euros. I am not sure why this is.

There was a legal requirement for amounts to be expressed in both
currencies, although I am not sure if that is still in force. But, as
you noted, in practice this is still done. My bank statements are
also still in both francs and euros.