Old June 21st 08, 06:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney) Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney) is offline

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

sweller wrote:
Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney) wrote:

I find it useful (and frightening) to convert from decimal currency
back to old-fashioned pounds, shillings and pence; a small bar of
chocolate now costs twelve shillings (60p).

Surely such conversions have very little use? Unless, of course, you're
also converting your modern day wages into shillings.

That's exactly what I do from time to time.
Bruce