Old June 21st 08, 06:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
No Name

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

"Tim Roll-Pickering" wrote in message

If the notes are from Scotland and bear the word sterling then they are
legal tender and I believe that retailers have to accept them. I have not
had a problem receiving Scottish notes or paying with them, beyond the
occasional odd look.

I have, however, had problems with Northern Irish notes - even from places
that don't give Scottish notes a second glance!

Is that because there was that big bank heist aboiut 3 1/2 years ago? I
remember seeing signs in pubs months afterwards that Northern Irish notes
would not be accepted.