Old June 21st 08, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 02:23:10 +0100, "Tim Roll-Pickering"

If the notes are from Scotland and bear the word sterling then they are
legal tender and I believe that retailers have to accept them. I have not
had a problem receiving Scottish notes or paying with them, beyond the
occasional odd look.

I have, however, had problems with Northern Irish notes - even from places
that don't give Scottish notes a second glance!

Not surprising, since NI notes are much, much rarer in England than
Scottish notes. I occasionally see a Scottish note from a customer,
but have never yet seen an NI one.