Old June 21st 08, 01:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Dr J R Stockton Dr J R Stockton is offline

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

In uk.transport.london message ,
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:13:03, Peter Campbell Smith posted:

To get slightly back to topic, I don't remember any train fares costing odd
halfpennies (my monthly child season was 4s 11d which was 1/3 of the adult
rate),

When I was younger, I (and others) purchased a Third Class Cheap Day
Return to travel from Mottisfont to Romsey and back. at a cost of 5½d -
tuppence three-farthings each way, it would have been. But BR did not
say that, although an outbound train was conveniently imminent, there
was no return service at any reasonable hour. I still have the return
half, unused.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.