Old June 21st 08, 08:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Andrew Price Andrew Price is offline

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:14:15 GMT, (Neil
Williams) wrote:

Wouldn't it have been easier to pay with a credit card, or even a
cheque?

This is often a difference between the UK and mainland Europe where
credit cards are used a lot less.

Perhaps, although I'd definitely exclude France from your "mainland
Europe" definition, as Visa cards and cheques are very widely used
there. Germany certainly dragged behind for a very long time, though.

I can't even imagine a situation,
other than perhaps buying a car privately[1], where I might consider
dealing with that amount of cash.

Neither can I - just the idea of it makes me feel uneasy.