Old June 21st 08, 09:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

Andrew Price wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:14:15 GMT, (Neil
Williams) wrote:

Wouldn't it have been easier to pay with a credit card, or even a
cheque?

This is often a difference between the UK and mainland Europe where
credit cards are used a lot less.

Perhaps, although I'd definitely exclude France from your "mainland
Europe" definition, as Visa cards and cheques are very widely used
there.

In France, most cards are debit cards, and it's true that credit cards are
used less than in the UK. The question to Rian (who anyway is in Belgium)
should be "Wouldn't it have been easier to pay with a debit card?" (rather
than withdrawing unusual amounts of cash from his bank).
--
Richard J.