Old June 22nd 08, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

wrote:

I have, however, had problems with Northern Irish notes - even from
places that don't give Scottish notes a second glance!

Is that because there was that big bank heist aboiut 3 1/2 years ago? I
remember seeing signs in pubs months afterwards that Northern Irish notes
would not be accepted.

This was late 2005 but no-one ever said anything about that. I suspect it
was more ignorance of the different notes.