Old June 23rd 08, 08:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] mdawe@ganlin1.demon.co.uk is offline

Default Pay parity for bus drivers? was If Boris does win as now

On Tue, 6 May 2008 15:19:25 +0100, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article
,
(Boltar) wrote:

I suspect the only thing bus driving and train driving have in common
is that the vehicles both have wheels and they jobs are both called
"driving".

Not even that. The job title of the man at the front of a tube train
has been "motorman" for over 1000 years.

Amazing - I wonder what the Anglo-Saxons made of tube trains... If only
they'd concentrated on heavy rail, Harold may have been better placed before
William's invasion...

Paul

The problem with harold, was That most of his suppoters went Home
after the Battle of Stamford Bridge, probaly the earliest Nort/SOuth
Divide.,