Old June 24th 08, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Matthew Geier[_4_] Matthew Geier[_4_] is offline

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:43:17 +0100, hounslow3 wrote:

Will Britain or the Eurozone ever get polymer notes, I wonder?

When the Australian Mint patent expires probably. I've heard a story
that the Eurozone investigated using Australian style plastic notes, but
the Australian Mint holds the process very close and wouldn't release the
process for use in Europe. If the Eurozone wanted plastic notes, they
would have to be printed in Australia.

So the only countries that currently have plastic notes all get the
Australian mint to print them for them, so take up of these types of
notes has been limited to smaller Pacific rim counties that don't have
their own currency printing facilities or don't mind 'out sourcing' it to
Australia.