Old November 25th 03, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Toilets.

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
In article , Helen Deborah Vecht
writes

The facilities are OK but I really would prefer to dry my hands on a
cloth or paper towel rather than use the germ-blowers that can overheat
the dungeons in which the facilities hide.

So they're not "more hygienic", as claimed?

Only if they are used correctly. Most people do not fully dry their hands,
leaving them warm and moist - an ideal environment for breeding germs. This
can be for a number of reasons - lack of time, defective blowers (many of
them never actually heat up, just blow cold air).

Personally, I'm with Helen - give me a good roller towel every time!