Old June 26th 08, 04:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london,nyc.transit
Joseph D. Korman Joseph D. Korman is offline

Default Union Street station

wrote:
"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...

I didn't clarify myself. Apparently, there was a phantom station
somewhere out in Brooklyn, the existence of which the relevant
authorities have denied.

Ah! I don't think that's analogous to what was in the film. But it's still
interesting (more so!) - can you tell us any more?

tom

--

I read about it on nyc.transit.

Apparently there was a station that either opened up, but closed a few days
later or it was projected and half built. I'm not sure what the situation is
with that.

I think you are referring to the *76th* Street station:

http://www.columbia.edu/~brennan/abandoned/76st.html

After reading the page be sure to look at the date.

It would have been the stop after Euclid had the line stayed underground
instead of using the BMT el to Lefferts. The NY Division of the ERA had
published proposed track layout back in 2004.

| Joseph D. Korman |
| |
| Visit The JoeKorNer at |
| http://www.thejoekorner.com |
| The light at the end of the tunnel ... |
| may be a train going the other way! |
| Brooklyn Tech Grads build things that work!('66)|
| All outgoing E-mail is scanned by NAV |