Old November 25th 03, 11:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Toilets.

Ian Jelf typed

The facilities are OK but I really would prefer to dry my hands on a
cloth or paper towel rather than use the germ-blowers that can overheat
the dungeons in which the facilities hide.

So they're not "more hygienic", as claimed?

No. there has been some research somewhere that showed it was on a par
with wiping your hands on trousers IIRC. They do result in 'less mess'
but can also leave busy toilet facilities *far* too hot, especially in
summer.

Getting down to the dungeons is great fun [not] with a load of luggage
(at least Euston's aren't approached by stairs!) a loaded bicycle
('Please do not leave luggage unattended') or a disability that makes
descending stairs difficult. (I don't have a RADAR key yet)

Can you *ask* to use the disabled loos under such circumstances, ie do
the staff have a RADAR key?

When I'm busting for a leak, I'm not minded to go looking for a member
of staff. Some of the time I walk fairly well & would have to eplain my
problems; when I walk badly, I don't want to be haring around a station
concourse. Quickest is still to struggle down the stairs to the ordinary
loos.

(By the way, I don't make a habit of hanging around public toilets,
however much it might look like it from this post!

This is obvious to me as a Brum based guide doesn't seem familiar with
London Euston! ;-)

I always use Marylebone! ;-)

So I gathered...

Helen, who always has a supply of 20p coins ('toilet tokens') on hand.
£1 coins are trolley tokens...

Here in Birmingham, you get used to carrying a supply of change for the
occasional bus journey (exact fare only here, no change given)!

Do you have reinforced pockets?

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.