Old June 28th 08, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default Another Oyster scam

On Jun 28, 9:24*pm, (Neil Williams)
wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 17:57:22 +0100, Paul Corfield

wrote:
TfL are switching over the ticket issuing equipment to one which deals
with Oyster but cannot print tickets. For those ticket products which
would ordinarily be printed TfL are now using pre-encoded ticket stock
which the agent has to date stamp.

Very Dutch. *But if they're pre-encoded isn't that an opportunity for
someone to use one through automatic barriers on multiple days? *Or
are they given different dates on sale or return, or perhaps do they
encode themselves on first use?

I'm sure that I've seen travelcards issued like this in the dim and
distant past (from out of the zones though). I believe that the ticket
gets the magnetic strip encoded with the date the first time it goes
through a gate, so it can't be used on a following occasion.