Old June 29th 08, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Another Oyster scam

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 23:42:54 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote:

Your final option - updated coding on first entry - is correct. All
tickets and smartcards are updated whenever there is a valid transaction
at a ticket vending or validation device.

Except National Rail barriers, surely? I was fairly sure they were a
read-only technology. Or is it just understood that they'll probably
end up used on the Tube first anyway, otherwise they'd have probably
been bought from a mainline ticket office instead?

Similarly, does a Tube barrier write to a NR-encoded Travelcard?
Again, I thought it couldn't.

Neil

--
Neil Williams