Old June 29th 08, 12:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Another Oyster scam

In message
, at
02:41:56 on Sun, 29 Jun 2008, remarked:
Since there are more passengers on the underground every day than on
the whole national rail network across Britain, I'm quite sure it's a
lot less than 50%.

I've read that statistic and I'm very suspicious of it. The trains in
south london are packed and when you throw in the commuter lines in
other large cities such as liverpool, manchester, glasgow, edinburgh
and on top of that cross country and long distance travellers. I'm
pretty sure it must come damn close.

People are using the tube all day long, not just in the rush hour. And
for every National Rail commuter who gets out at somewhere like Kings
Cross, there are at least as many north Londoners staying on the train
to complete their journey (even in the rush hour).