Old June 30th 08, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Default 2for1 Ticket Rip-off

At the weekend we decided to visit London Zoo (branded ZSL) on a First
Great Western 2for1 deal. (South West Trains offer the same). The
leaflets for these deals are available at numerous stations within the
Greater London boundary, and also presumably beyond. They are
extensive and cover 100s of 'attractions' in London. However - as we
found to our cost - the conditions in the small print on the back (so
small that you can hardly read them) state that the offers are only
available for 'paper' tickets to London (obviously from further
afield), also they are NOT available for Oyster Tickets. And no
mention is made of Travel Cards or Freedom Passes.

So when we got to ZSL our 2for1 coupons was declined and we got
clobbered for the full adult price of £17 each. Actually we elected
not to pay the 'voluntary' donation to help to preserve tigers (or
something like that) so it was slightly less.

But it is now obvious to us that the 2for1 deals - widely advertised
throughout London - actually EXCLUDES most Londoners especially those
who have to use Oyster Cards, Travel Cards or Freedom Passes.
Apparently even local London paper tickets are excluded because these
have to be from outside London into London - although the conditions
do not state how far outside London you need to be, nor do they define
what a ticket into London exactly means.

C.J.Brady