Old July 1st 08, 12:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] thagor2008@googlemail.com is offline

Default Playing it cool

What surprised me was an item on the TV a while back saying that some
shaft extraction fans on I think the victoria line were being brought
back into use. Only now?? And why the hell were they out of use in the
first place?? Also I'd be interested to know the power consumption of
the most recent tube stocks compared to the old stocks since all power
used eventually ends up as heat. I wouldn't be surprised if like the
new 3rd rail surface stocks they use considerably more power overall
than older stocks and so contribute to the problem.

B2003