Old November 25th 03, 08:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default More on Oysters

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:50:08 -0000, "Colin"
wrote:

I am fairly certain that the conductor was wrong, and the passengers
response should have been 'I am fully entitled to use any bus I choose; tell
your managers to pull their fingers out and supply you with new machines'.

Given that Routemasters are very much on their way out, I doubt new
machines will be provided, as the likely revenue loss from not being
able to check the tickets is probably low.

That said, I wonder what kind of means will be provided for travelling
ticket inspectors on cashless buses to perform a check? Will they
need to bring all passengers forward to use the on-bus ticket machine?
Or, will the machine be able to print a list of serial numbers which
have been used on that journey, so the cards can be checked manually?
(Do they have a printed serial number?)

Neil

--
Neil Williams
is a valid email address, but is sent to /dev/null.