Old July 2nd 08, 05:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
1506 1506 is offline

Default 2.5 month closure of Watford DC Lines to Euston

On Jul 1, 5:32*am, "Peter Masson" wrote:
wrote

As for Chris Tolley's comment: "... and thus give people the
opportunity of picking up the Victoria Line
at Highbury and Islington...", a basic knowledge of London geography
would tell you that H&I is 3 miles to the east of South Hampstead -
hardly convenient!

If the long-term plan to divert the DC away from Euston ever resurfaces
there would seem to be a case for reopening Primrose Hill and building an
intercahnge with Chalk Farm.

Peter

I have always thought that would be a good move. Although DC would no
longer run to Euston, Euston would still be accessible with one easy
change. I say easy because the Northorn Line is close to the surface
at that point and the Primrose Hill platforms are not far away.

Adrian