Old November 25th 03, 08:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rob Rob is offline

Default More on Oysters

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:50:08 -0000, "Colin"
wrote:

snipped, with apologies

However the advise I read for buses was along the lines 'on buses with
on-board crew simply show your Oystercard for the time being', the
assumption being that upgraded personal ticket machines with handheld
scanners were not far off.

This sounds correct to me. I have it on good authority, for instance,
that passengers with Oyster at NR stations without readers have been
told to show 'extreme discretion' during the teething period.

Rob