Old July 2nd 08, 11:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Barry Tom Barry is offline

Default Playing it cool

Tom Anderson wrote:

http://www.freewebs.com/going_underg...ogspot.com.doc

Excellent document, thanks!

NP

Someone like this:

http://www.boriswatch.co.uk/2008/06/...s-a-new-voice/

*blush*

Actually, we do seem to be getting some influential readers on there
now, but I didn't think we'd reached the heady heights of u.t.l
attention. Wow.

One I haven't written up on there yet is last week's question time,
where Boris attempted to explain the difference between conduit and
overhead tram electrification in London. Trying to explain the
difference, he first made a back-and-forth motion and talked about a
'funny little metal groove', then waved his hand over his head and
referred to an 'overhead gizmo'. The point he was trying to make (about
it being better if the city government and the boroughs work together
rather than go their own ways) was rather lost in all this flailing around.

More pedantically, I think he erred in referring to Croydon as the first
electric tramway in London?

It's about 1:04:30 into the webcast, which I think is still available.
http://www.london.gov.uk/webcast/jun08/mqt_180608.asx

Tom