Old July 3rd 08, 03:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Colum Mylod Colum Mylod is offline

Default How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 13:13:12 GMT, "Dik T. Winter"
wrote:

I can't remember ever having seen a cheque used in the Netherlands. But
I know that cashing them can be a problem, so much so that cashing a
cheque that I received for a refund from the US would cost me more than
its value.

On the other hand, you won't find an "acceptgiro" in use in the UK.
That probably explains the lower use of cheques in NL, apart from the
low limit from the old days of NLG300 for the then Eurocheques?

--
Old anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com appears broke
So back to cmylod at bigfoot dot com