Old November 25th 03, 10:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Barry Salter Barry Salter is offline

Default More on Oysters

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:25:17 GMT, (Neil
Williams) wrote:

That said, I wonder what kind of means will be provided for travelling
ticket inspectors on cashless buses to perform a check? Will they
need to bring all passengers forward to use the on-bus ticket machine?
Or, will the machine be able to print a list of serial numbers which
have been used on that journey, so the cards can be checked manually?
(Do they have a printed serial number?)

Serial number is printed on the back of the Oystercard, as well as the
Record Card (if you have one) or Receipt (if you renew at one of the big
Touch Screen Ticket Machines at Underground Stations anyway).

Incidentally, if you're using one of the bendy-bus routes, TfL suggest
that you still board by the front door and pass your Oyster over the
reader, regardless of whether it's Pre-Pay or a Travelcard.

HTH,

Barry

--
Barry Salter, barry at southie dot me dot uk
Read uk.* newsgroups? Read uk.net.news.announce!

DISCLAIMER: The above comments do not necessarily represent the
views of my employers.