Old November 26th 03, 12:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default London Transport Museum Closing

CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North wrote:
(Nick Cooper) wrote in
message ...
On 13 Nov 2003 02:40:19 -0800,
(CJG Now
Thankfully Living In The North) wrote:

They should make it free to visit as well. All muesums should be
free. The National Rail Muesum in York is the best muesum in the
country and you don't pay a penny to visit.

It's generally only state-owned museums are free. The National
Railway Museum is Yorkis all part of the National Museum of Science
and Industry, along with London's the Science Museum and the
National Museum of Photography, Film & Television in Bratfud.
OTOH, HMS Belfast is part of the Imperial War Musuem, but that
costs.

Don't we own Transport Muesuem? I thought it was owned by Transport
For London Or London Underground which I do belive you London
Taxpayers (and probably us newly Non-London Tax-payers) pay for?
Therefore we own?
Or is Transport Mueseum owned by someone else?

London's Transport Museum is owned by TfL.

And my orginal question is it going to close in 18months or is it
going to close for 18months? Since found out its going to close for
18months in 2005.

And in Reply to Richard J. I still come to London and have to endure
the high cost of London Underground fares.

So do you want to pay even more to ensure that the museum is free, or are
you expecting us Londoners to subsidise your visits? If the latter, why?
--
Richard J.