Old July 8th 08, 08:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Train/Tube Oystering - E. Croydon to St Pancras/Kings Cross

In message
of
Tue, 8 Jul 2008 12:17:55 in uk.transport.london, Hobbyist
writes
I have an Oyster card that is auto-topped up if it falls below £20.

My threshold is 5UKP.

Currently I only use it on the buses, but I wonder if it's yet
possible to do the following with this card:-

1] Travel from East Croydon to St. Pancras by Thameslink train.

2] Travel from E. Croydon to Victoria by tain, then from Victoria tube
station to Kings Cross tube.

No! http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/london/oystercard.html

I did one of those trips (can't remember which) in Feb 2007, and my
Oyster card let me IN but wouldn't let me OUT - so I had to pay a

It should not have let you in.

penalty. I'd innocently thought it would be possible, and wonder if it
is now?

Can you come back in 2009?
You can do it to SPI in about 80 minutes via Wimbledon by tram and
thence by Underground. That compares badly with about 30 by FCC direct.
You may want to look at a one day Travelcard: 11.30 peak; 6.50 off-peak.
--
Walter Briscoe