Old July 10th 08, 05:11 PM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london
Tim Ward Tim Ward is offline

Default Meeting place in Luton Airport

"Michael Hoffman" wrote in message
I'm meeting some people this Saturday morning around 04:30 before we go on
for a flight. We are all all the same ticket for our flight on EasyJet so
I am inclined to meet landside. Will they make us all check in at the same
time? Somehow, even if not, it seems like it would be easier to address
problems from landside.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to meet? Maybe
the Cafe Bar?

If easyJet run true to form it will go like this:

(1) check in doesn't open until two hours before scheduled time
(2) it takes longer than two hours to check everybody in (after which you've
got the security queue of course)
(3) therefore you will meet in the check in queue whether you like it or
not.

(The days of "hand luggage only, check in at gate" have gone - think
toothpaste and nail scissors - thanks to America's War on Tourism.)

--
Tim Ward - posting as an individual unless otherwise clear
Cambridge Accommodation Notice Board - www.brettward.co.uk/canb