Old July 11th 08, 07:21 AM posted to cam.misc,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Meeting place in Luton Airport

In message , at 07:30:14 on
Fri, 11 Jul 2008, James Farrar remarked:
Last time I flew for a weekend break, I took a deodorant that had its
size listed only in floz... it got through, even though technically (I
found out later) it shouldn't have!

The restrictions were originally expressed (by the USA authorities) as 3
fl-oz. The Europeans then translated that into Millilitres (and rounded
it up a bit from 88). The plastic bag they go in started off life as a
US Quart - it's a standard item sold as a freezer bag.